ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY | PLATYPUS UK

Platypus UK recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. We ensure that our manufactures and suppliers also comply with these environmental standards and encourage customers to do the same.

Platypus UK Streetwear Environmental Policy - Green Aims

  • All of the textile manufacturers and suppliers that we work with are members or affiliates with Fair Wear Foundation (FWF). The FWF is an independent, non-profit organisation that works with companies and factories to protect and improve labour conditions for garment workers.

 

  • All chemicals used in wet processes (dye/bleaching) are low-impact. Employees follow strict health and safety procedures and are required to wear safety equipment to maintain a safe working environment.

 

  • 100% of our textile waste is recycled and unsold products such as samples or garments with minor defects are donated to local charities.

 

  • We use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community. Currently 70% of businesses we work with are in Nottinghamshire with the remaining 30% being UK businesses.

 

  • No forced/slave labour or discrimination is to be used.

 

  • When possible, we reuse or recycle all paper and plastic materials on our business premises

 

  • The energy consumption and efficiency of new equipment is taken into account when purchasing and we will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.

 

  • We promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail, phone or facetime/Skype conferencing.

Platypus UK Streetwear Eco-friendly Brand Aims

Future Aims:

  • We aim to reduce leather-based products within our product range. Fully substituting all leather with embroidery or vegan-friendly materials by mid 2019.

 

  • 5% of our current clothing range is made with organic cotton and we intend to increase this to 30% by 2019.

 

  • We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions and aim to continually improve and reduce environmental impacts. Reviewing our policies on an annual basis.

< Go Back to Homepage